Liverpool’s research ranked top 20 in UK

We also have six subjects in the top 10

John Moores liverpool research

Our university’s research has smashed recent rankings, coming 20th in the country.

According to the Research Excellence Framework 81 per cent of the uni’s research is rated in the highest categories of four star (world-leading) and three star (internationally excellent). Fancy.

Six subjects also came in the top 10 for research, proving Liverpool is actually a pretty good place to get a degree and not just a banging night out.

Ballin’

Chemistry and Computer Science have been both been ranked first, with General Engineering, Architecture, Veterinary & Food Science and English all making it into the top 10 for research excellence.

The other Liverpool-based universities aren’t doing bad either. JMU’s School of Sport and Exercise Sciences is ranked second in the country, while more than a third of research produced by Hope achieved the highest ratings.

Liverpool University Vice-Chancellor, Professor Sir Howard Newby, said: “These results reinforce Liverpool’s position as a world-leading research institution.

“Our researchers are working at the highest international levels and the impact of their work is felt across the globe, from advances in medicine to the development of new materials.

“We are very proud of the calibre of our research – both in terms of the impact it has in its own right and the value it adds to the experience of our students studying around the world and online.”