John Moores student attacked by newly released pervert

He was first jailed in 2003 after sexually assaulting an elderly woman

crime jeffrey hickey John Moores sexual assault sexual harassment

A convicted pervert assaulted a girl just six months after he’d been released from a life sentence on licence.

Jeffrey Hickey, 35, stalked a woman into halls back in May before beating a John Moores student to the floor the following day.

The sexual predator straddled her while she was on the floor and repeatedly punched her.

He has been jailed for five years after pleading guilty to trespassing with intent to commit a sexual offence, committing actual bodily harm with intent to commit a sexual offence, and actual bodily harm.

The girl studies at John Moores

The prosecutor, Mr O’Donohue, said: “She screamed and hit him with a drinks carton.

“This seemed to anger the defendant. He punched her and she fell to the floor.

“He straddled her while repeatedly punching her.

“Before he punched her he put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming and she was able to bite his hand. She was able to scream for help.”

Hickey was sentenced to five more years

Although Hickey then ran away from the accommodation , he was arrested a few days later when police found the young woman’s blood on his trainers.

His defence, Ian Whitehurst, told the court Hickey was drunk at the time and all of his crimes had been committed due to a drink problem.

Judge Robert Warnock added he will only be released when he is no longer considered a danger to the public.

*not the girl

The student says he should not have been allowed out at all.

She told the Echo: “The biggest thing for my family and I is why he was ever allowed out in the first place.

“I was absolutely shocked, when I found out what he had done before, that he had been allowed out to walk the streets.

“Five years does not seems like a long time but I feel better now that it has been explained to me that he will be in prison for a lot longer.

“As far as I am concerned his feet should never hit the footpath again.”

Hickey was first jailed in 2003 for sexually assaulting an elderly woman after climbing through her window in a care home, and was then jailed for life in 2008 after breaking to another woman’s bedroom and assaulting her.