There’s a lot more to Arts Club than Chibuku

See how the Seel Street hot spot shapes up for food and booze

alcohol arts club burgers carbs cocktails food Seel Street steak

Liverpool’s ever famous Seel Street, home to the Raz, Heebie Jeebies and a prime location for boozy students any day of the week, is where the Arts Club stands.

Although it’s usually known for its ultra-alternative events such as Chibuku, for a change The Tab tried their American styled BBQ feast of a menu after their brand new bar and kitchen refurb.

The bar and kitchen contrasts the usual theme of the Arts Club with low sofas, picnic benches and a variation of music differing from Jay-Z to Arctic Monkeys to James’ “Oh Sit Down” – the type of place where every song is an absolute tune.

With a cocktail in hand and a steak on your plate, it’s rather different to sweaty bodies and blaring Bondax, which is how most of us remember our time in Arts Club.

One of us clearly has their priorities in order

After a six hour library stint and a twenty minute walk in the pouring rain into town, all we wanted was a carb overload.

The menu did not fail: burgers, hot-dogs, triple cooked chips, sweet potato fries and STEAK. But for those of you who don’t appreciate carbs on carbs, salads and chicken dishes were up for grabs. If that’s what you’re in to.

Being hungry students after a hard day’s work of dissertation prep and surviving on a bag of crisps, we were the perfect cliental to sample pretty much everything on the menu.

The staff were on point for continuously providing Carrie Bradshaw style Cosmos and mouth watering El Diablos – the four of us truly were the Sex and the City gals, Adam of course being Samantha.

Simple yet very effective cheese burger. Brioche buns and that, though.

Adam started off with BBQ chicken wings, beer and a good old steak. But by the time he had a glimpse of the girls’ tall, pink cocktails, he of course caved and spent the night sipping through martini glasses with the rest of us.

Manager of the bar and kitchen, Victoria Smith, told The Tab exactly how their new refurbishment was catered to make it a prime hub for Liverpool students.

She said: “Following on from a huge refurbishment over the summer, our bar and kitchen has quickly become the hottest place to hang out on Seel Street.

“There’s a ping pong table and wide selection of board games for those lazy afternoons, live music early evening, and DJs taking you into the early morning.”

As well as the top-knotch grub and cheap booze of course.

We left feeling full to the brim and slightly squiffy, the perfect state to return home and squeeze in some more critical reading for your 10am seminar.