The Carni creep: Salisbury Hall haunted by weirdo who breaks into rooms and watches girls sleep

Ex-resident returns to Carni and freaks everyone out in the process

carnatic carnatic halls stoner

Rumours of a sex pest in Salisbury hall spread through Carnatic like wildfire on Wednesday night as an unidentified second year went round walking into girls’ rooms.

The Carni creeper snuck into Salisbury Hall and wandered into different bedrooms, even peering over sleeping students.

The rogue, who claimed he lived in the halls last year, went on to steal biscuits from the kitchen before disappearing.

Jemm, and English student who lives in Salisbury, told The Tab: “We were sat around watching films in my room, I think there were six of us.

“We heard a knock on the door and assumed it was a flat mate. Usually I just let people into my room because, you know, I don’t expect it to be a weirdo.

“He just walked in and we asked him what he was doing and who he was and he just stared at us.”

The creeper was believed to be stoned because of his unusual behaviour (pictured: not the biscuit bandit)

The Carni cling-on can’t let go of his fresher days

The wanderer went on the say he lived in Salisbury last year, and he’s been spotted sneaking around before.

Jemm added: “Eventually he said he used to live here last year, and then I recognised him because he’s walked into the building behind me before during freshers week.

“We asked him again, seriously, who the fuck are you? And he said I lived here last year, and we said well you don’t now so get out.

“We thought he was stoned because he did not react normally to us at all.

“Eventually we thought he had left and went to check my friend’s room and found that he had stolen some biscuits from her.

“The girl who was asleep when he walked in said he came in and asked for a taxi and was chewing, which made sense at this point because of the missing biscuits, and when he was in my room his hands were behind his back.

“We thought he was going to stab us but it must have been the biscuits again.

“Then we checked to see if he had done anything else before calling the Residential Advisor who contacted security.

“Upstairs had seen him too and were running around with butter knives and makeshift weapons.”

Touch my Hobnobs and I’ll get ya with my butter knife

Salisbury Hall

Beatrice, who also lives on the floor, said he just stared at her sleeping flatmate without saying a thing.

“I was out at the time, but from what I know he used to live on the second floor and after a night out he decided to come back and have a look around.

“He didn’t knock on any of the doors, he just walked in.

“He went into a room where all the girls were sitting and then went into another room where my mate was asleep and stood over her – she had no idea what was going on.”

The incident has raised concerns about the hall’s security, as the Carni cling-on managed to sneak in even though you need an electric fob.

Jemm continued: “We want better security in the halls.

“Locks should be put on all the individual flats so only the people in our flat can get in – not just the main door.

“Also, the Residential Advisor made us go around and check if everyone’s rooms were locked, surely that’s his job?”