Hot or not? Charlie’s venomous tongue tells you where you’ve gone wrong

Resident style slater Charlie Worral brings us the latest in fashion faux pas from this week

It’s notoriously known that students and style are not always two concepts that come in hand in hand.

As illustrated in this article, not everyone has an eye for fashion and often I find myself questioning if certain people even own a mirror.

Do my eyes deceive me? It’s not often an outfit can drive me to question someone’s mental stability, or in this case lack of, but right now even Amanda Bynes is appearing almost normal.

As Chanel once said: “When accessorising, always take off the last thing you put on.” But where do you start when there’s so much to take away.

Beyond the prints that are more chaotic than a Kardashian Christmas dinner, there are some aspects to be admired.

Where the outfit went wrong was the decision to wear two bold and appositional prints.

The grey crop top would work wonders being teamed with dark, high waisted jeans and a simple stiletto; take away the trainer inspired heels and one of the prints and add a burst of colour through a clutch, this could change this outfit up completely.

Oh and someone should really take that call from the Camel – he wants his toe back.

Someone seemed to have taken ‘Lady in Red’ to a rather new extreme; even Chris De Burgh has gone Chris De Eugh.

Red on red is somewhat offensive but this amount of red has me aching at the eye lids. No amount of adaption can save this week’s fashion equivalent to the Titanic.

At University, fancy dress is always inevitable. But a bum bag?

It’s easy to accept that the accessory is convenient but sadly fashion isn’t convenient; the bum bag is one big no from me.

Don’t get me started of the clash of Khaki with the teal basketball jersey, I can’t even begin to try to justify that.

I’m not entirely sure where to start.

The top of half of this outfit works; however the skirt could be mistaken for an item of clothing found in the wardrobe of Helen Keller.

Lose the frumpy skirt, the school girl socks and swap them for high waisted shorts. Just because its fancy dress, doesn’t mean it can’t be fashion.

Amen! At least someone successfully balanced fashion and fancy dress.

Teaming a cream, one shoulder dress with a feminine, flowered head piece and simple sandals. The Greek goddess look avoids the chaotic aspects of the others.

Take tips and think simple.

I am obsessed with Maddie’s Aztec, mint skirt which adds character and colour to the black crop top and pump combination.

As an avid believer of girls in heels, more than often winning over girls in flats, I have to taste a slice of humble pie and admit – the suede pumps are the winning shoe.

Oozing sex appeal but keeping it classy – Look, listen and learn. This is how you do it.

A lot of boys stick to a simple t-shirt and jeans but I love Adam’s ambitious sport inspired look.

The combination of bold, block colours and keeping up with the sport inspired trend that has stormed high street stores for the last few months, in my eyes, Adam took a risk that paid off.

Velvet is a fabric that attracts a wide spectrum of opinions; especially regarding drape and texture.

However I love this velvet jumpsuit, teamed with black ankle boots and a simple cardigan – this is a case of where black on black works well.

The only critique is the bag, a small, simple clutch would take the outfit to a new level of perfection.

There are always two extremes with students and always the argument between ‘dress down’ or ‘dress to impress’. Which one really does work best?

In my opinion, Lottie in her black top and white shorts combination, teamed with the plaid shirt wrapped around her waist wins for a student night but would you brand her under dressed at the weekends?