Friday night fright: horror as Heebies slapped clubbers with entry fee

The decision to charge entry last week outraged fans of the Seel Street hotspot

club Heebies Seel Street

Loyal revellers of popular club Heebie Jeebies were infuriated after they charged an entry fee last week.

The club, on Seel Street, charged £2 entry fee on Thursday and Friday night as part of a freshers’ event.

The controversial move sparked many skint students to boycott the night, as the majority of Liverpool clubs were free to get in to.

A spokesperson for Heebie Jeebies told The Tab: “The promoters who run Thursday nights charge entry, and AWOL (which is ran by Cool It) run a Friday night. Liquidation is on a Saturday which is another promoter again.

“We let them charge in as it is their night and in return we put our drinks prices right down and this is only for the basement.

“So for paying in, guests are then entitled to get cheaper drinks from the bar which range from £2.50 for spirits £2.50 for cocktails and £1.50 for beers, which is pretty good compared to the other prices on the street.”

Izzy, who studies Nursing, said: “Heebies is a standard Friday night, but it’s no better than anywhere else.

“I mean, I won’t be going. If we have to pay entry we may as well go to KrazyHouse.”

The club is known for its long queues but has always been popular.

But many were put off by the fee and chose to go elsewhere.

Dan said: “Charging is outrageous. The only reason we went there in the first place was because it was free.

“I’d go to Aloha, or even anywhere else better than Heebies that you have to pay.”

But not everyone has been put off by the disputed move.

Callum said: “It’s not really that big of a deal, I’d probably still go if it was under £3.”