Rankings reveal little improvement despite multi-million pound refurb

Liverpool soars in the world rankings and is eighth in the Russell Group

accommodation Guild refurb university of liverpool

The University of Liverpool has been waxing lyrical about the millions of pounds they have invested in the big refurb,  but it would appear these haven’t changed their appeal.

Things aren’t looking good after recent University rankings from the Sunday Times places Liverpool in exactly the same spot as it was last year- 36th.

£62 million has been splurged on Crown Place

But the university has rocketed in the world rankings, climbing seven places to 123rd.

The ratings also reveal students aren’t satisfied, coming in 91st for overall student satisfaction at a meagre 79.8 per cent.

£250 million has been splurged on accommodation, and a further £17 million splashed on redesigning the Sydney Jones Library, but to no avail.

A University spokesperson said: “We are pleased that we continue to hold a strong staff-student ratio position in the Times league table – 8th in the Russell group – and we expect future rankings will reflect the impact of our recent multi-million pound investment in the campus and student experience.

“Our focus on four key metrics – postgraduate supervision, citations and publications, international co-authorship and collaboration and student satisfaction, particularly in those subject areas with large student populations – will continue to enhance our performance in both national and international league tables.”

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.