Freshers will splurge nearly £1 million during Welcome Week

£7.50 of which will be spent drunk dialling your mom

alcohol freshers week welcome week

The average fresher will spunk £187.20 this Welcome Week, The Tab can reveal. 

A typical night out will set you back £37.44, and 45 per cent of your budget will be splashed on alcohol.

The week will raise over £800,000 for the city as 4,350 freshers prepare for what promises to be the best week of their lives.

The Tab calculated the cost assuming all freshers would:

·         Go out five nights during Welcome Week

·         Make at least one drunken homesick phone call

·         Gorge on a Mr Chips doner kebab and chips each night

·         Buy seven drinks out a night, as well as predrinking before

·         Get the last bus in and share a cab home

And you can add another £40 if you throw up in the taxi, although the corner of Concert Square is usually free.

Go hard or go home this Freshers’ Week

Mel Mousdale, who will be studying Law this September, said: “£187.20 isn’t a lot of pay, especially considering the amount of events taking place during the week.

“But I think the clubs hosting events should take into consideration that £60 for a wristband is a lot for students to pay, and should think about making drinks a bit cheaper or doing some kind of deal.”

Lauren Fowler, who’ll be starting at Liverpool Hope in September, said: “It’s a lot of money to pay out, especially if you don’t have a job.

“And for people who aren’t staying in the halls, like me, it’s going to cost a lot more in taxis.

“I wouldn’t feel safe getting a bus home on my own at night, despite that being cheaper.”