UoL climbs 7 places in league tables

UoL steams ahead to take 31st place in the Complete University Guide rankings.

league table liverpool uni the complete university guide uni guide university of liverpool

The University of Liverpool has stormed ahead to take 31st place in the Complete University Guide 2015 rankings, climbing 7 places from last year.

The ratings put UoL back to its 2013 position, and only three places behind Manchester University and King’s College London.

The statistics also reveal Liverpool is no longer the worst university in the Russell Group, beating Queen Mary and Queen’s Belfast.

John Moores has improved one place from last year, putting it in 81st, and Edge Hill slides four places to 89th.

UoL is listed in the top 10 universities for eight subjects, including:

• veterinary medicine
  • physiotherapy
  • ophthalmics
  • nursing
  • architecture
  • building
  • materials technology
  • geology

Vice-Chancellor, Professor Sir Howard Newby, said: “The increase in our position in this important ranking reflects our significant investment in the student experience at Liverpool.

“We are investing £600 million in facilities, which includes a £10 million refurbishment of the Guild of Students and new student accommodation at the heart of campus.”

The University of Cambridge has once again taken first place, whilst Oxford remains in second.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.