Seven ways you know it’s exam time

It’s exam time once again, and boy don’t we know it

coursework exams harold cohen library revision sydney jones

Exams have rolled round pretty quick, but you don’t need to be handed an exam timetable to know it’s exam time. Some things just happen around exams that make sure everybody knows it’s exam period. 1. It’s sunny It’s a truth universally acknowledged the moment you’re compelled to spend every waking hour in the library swatting up, it’s going to be hot and sunny outside.  And there’s nothing worse than sitting at a computer by the enormous window that overlooks Abercromby Square.  It’s the modern day equivalent of Medieval torture. 2. You struggle to find a computer… on a Sunday You think you’re one step ahead of the game dragging your butt to the library on a Sunday, but by the time you’ve had a lie in (it is a Sunday, after all), caught up on the Corrie omnibus and made yourself a snack, all the computers have already gone.

“Why couldn’t I just get to the library sooner?”

3. You dress nicely for the library because it’s your only social outing Anyone who’s anyone is in the library crammnig for all it’s worth, so you just never know who you’re going to bump into.  You’re forced to get yourself all dolled up for the most mundane of library trips because it’s the only chance you’ve got at pulling at the moment.

You just never know who you’ll bump into…

4. You’ve planned your next night out 3 weeks in advance Everyone is so busy you can only guarantee you’ll all have done sufficient revision to warrant a night out by planning it weeks in advance.  The night finally comes round and all of a sudden you panic as to whether anyone will actually be there at all.  If only you could just dim the lights in the library and stick some music on…

Rocking the club solo

5. You’re eating anything and everything from Tesco that will give you energy You’ve taken out a Clubcard just for the occassion as you know there’s no way you’ll be leaving the den you’ve made in the SJ for the next two weeks.  Stuff the diet- exams are a time for chocolate, coffee, energy drinks and crisps.  Your brain is never going to function if you have a salad.

All nighters on energy drinks are even more of a regular occurence

6. You find yourself texting random people from your tutorials just for a revision break You might have never spoken face to face and their number might be saved in your phone as ‘blondie in english seminar’, but that doesn’t stop you from finding someone, anyone, to rant at for half an hour about how stressed you are.

Literally anyone will do

7. You’ve developed OCD Procrastination is what you’re about, and if that means dusting your room every morning before you start work, so be it.  And while you’re at it, someone’s showered since yesterday so you might as well clean that too.

Skidmarks AND the toilet seat had been left up. Definitely delays revision by a good hour.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.