Swanky new student housing to open up in Liverpool

Flash new city centre student cribs will feature flat-screen TVs and an app that tells you when your washing is done

halls private halls student housing Vine Court vita student

Vita Student have announced plans to build state of the art accommodation for students in Liverpool city centre.

It’s the latest in a recent spate of student housing being made available in the city.

And the luxury apartments, which will be located on Crosshall Street, will feature en-suites, fitted kitchens, double beds and flat screen TV’s – a world away from the basic yet loveable dives that are Carnatic and Greenbank.

Located in an area that isn’t popularly known among many students, Crosshall Street is situated in the financial and business district of Liverpool, close to St. Georges Hall, and the nightlife of the Gay Village and Cavern Quarter.

A show apartment has been created to give students a taste of how their lives will be if they choose to live in this hotel style luxury, and is available for viewings now.

Pretty cool huh?

These apartments also offer a mobile app which can be used to socialise with other students, and even lets students know when their laundry is ready – a feature which would be greatly appreciated in the terraces of Smithdown and the small, dingy cubicle bedrooms of UoL halls.

The Uni itself is offering new, up to date accommodation along the lines of Crosshall – Vine Court has been open for two years now and the Crown Place development is due to open for September.

Housing rival: Vine Court

There have been worries that these brand new complexes do not offer the same kind of authentic student experience as places like Carnatic and Greenbank, and the shift of focus from Smithdown to the city centre could be bad for the area.

The Crosshall apartments are due to be completed by July and will have 158 rooms.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.