Harry Anderson takes guild president in shock election result

Harry Anderson wins this year’s election, making him our Guild President for the next year.

elecitons guild president LGOS SRO

The Tab placed Northerner Harry Anderson in second place behind favourite James Coe in our exit poll, yet he’s the one who stole the show at last night’s elections.

Harry Anderson excelled in our video interview

In one of the most shocking results so far, other favourite Kate Holmes, who was predicted to take third place, didn’t make the cut for SRO.

Bubbly Kate missed out on a position

Alex Ferguson and James Coe, whilst not winning, still took enough votes to make them part of the team, and surprise candidate Emma Sims, who performed poorly in our exit poll, now make up the rest of the team for next year.

From the left: Harry Anderson, Alex Ferguson, James Coe and Emma Sims

James Coe was evidently disappointed at not getting President.  He posted on Facebook: “Whilst I am disappointed not to be elected President I am absolutely delighted to have been elected as one of your SROs this year.

“As I’ve said, this job means the world to me and I can’t wait to start with the new team. Cheers for everyone who voted, helped me out and campaigned for me the last couple of weeks, you’ve been great.”

Everyone flocked to Twitter and Facebook to congratulate the winners, especially Harry Anderson.

The Tab have contacted Harry Anderson for a comment but he’s probably too busy celebrating to reply…

This year has seen one of the poorest voter turnout so far.

Last year, Liverpool University had the highest voter turnout in the country for Guild elections, yet this year that figure dropped drastically as the university introduced a new system that meant students had to register to vote.

Many students had trouble registering, and were put off voting out of principle.

The problem wasn’t fixed until later on in the week, meaning voting was a lot easier but the damage was already done.

Does this selfie look familiar?

However, this didn’t stop the electric atmosphere at the results last night.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.