Student attacked after being lured to house

Man led to house in Wallasey in sex “honeytrap” ploy and assaulted.

John Dee, a mature student in Liverpool was lured to a house in Wallasey after a night out celebrating his final results and savagely was assaulted by a couple.

The incident began when Mr Dee met Sian Corlett and her boyfriend James Sutton. After sharing a drink, they headed back to Wallasey with Mr Dee believing he was going to have sex with Ms Corlett.

Once at the couple’s home, they bumped into Sian Corlett’s mother who was accompanied by her boyfriend, David Bond. They had another drink, and Mr Dee was even offered Corlett a multi-buy deal when her mother offered to get involved too.

Dee’s assailant was given a hefty 9 years in prison

So far, so normal.

It was later on that things turned nasty. When Mr Dee went to the cash machine he was assaulted by Mr Sutton, causing nasal fractures, damaged teeth and a fractured eye socket as he was repeatedly kicked and punched whilst on the floor.

He was dragged a total of 40 yards to the street where he was abandoned to be found by police.

Mr Sutton has been found guilty of assault and received a sentence of 9 years. Bond was charged with assisting an offender and was placed under a 12 month supervision order and a 12 month sentence, suspended for 2 years. Corlett was found not guilty of wounding.