What goes on at Clarks: Liverpool’s new bashment night

Thinking about getting on the bashment hype, but have no idea what to expect? Well, here’s the lowdown on Clarks – Liverpool’s brand new monthly Bashment party.

After reviving Leeds nightlife in January, Clarks brought the long awaited Bashment scene to Liverpool with one hell of a party on Wednesday 5th.

The night brought a sizzling blend of Jamacian dancehall and the wildest Bashment and Soca to the Shipping Forecast’s Hold.

There was an undeniable wave of vibrant energy that took over the Hold, transforming it from an uninviting and bleak confinement (which, indeed, does suit particular nights) into a colourful, free and animated space welcome to all!

For those of you who are new to the scene, here’s the lowdown on what went on at Clarks…

The crowd radiated a carefree and easy going vibe. It seems people left their worries and inhibitions at the door, ready to lose themselves in the music and ride di riddim.

Their devil-may-care attitudes radiate throughout the room and exude a type of uplifting and summery energy that can’t be found at any other student night.

This infectious carefree attitude comes in handy when a new comer hasn’t quite found her rhythm yet…

There were some amazing dancers on stage to give the audience some much needed guidance. Everyone watched intently in awe of their effortless moves. A personal favourite was The Palance Dance (Bashment’s answer to Soulja Boy). It wasn’t diffcult to pick out who the dancehall experts from the newbies.

Introducing some fun and light-hearted tunes, Clarks is a welcome break from the House dominated music scene in Liverpool. With some mad tunes from Vybz Kartel, Busy Signal and Mavado, no one could resist a dutty wine.

With the whistles, the horns, the Conga line and the Caribbean decor, the night was given the perfect festival vibe. With this amazingly vibrant energy circulating the room, the sometimes forbidding Hold is transformed into a lively and stimulating space.

Tickets are £5 in advance and £6 on the door – so get yourself down to Clarks on March 5th for a truck load of sizzling riddims fresh from the Islands and plenty of Rum and Red Bull!

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.