Strikes give students a worthy day of rest after AU night

The aftermath of last night’s AU can be nursed properly as national strikes give students another day off

Students were able to go all out last night as today’s national strike has given AU-goers a day of rest to nurse that awful hangover.

Last night’s antics in Walkabout and Aura saw Liverpool city centre awash with drunken sports teams celebrating another great day of fixtures.

As staff once again take to campus in protest over pay cuts, students across Liverpool are struggling to get out of bed as the VK hangover kicks in.

Men’s lacrosse, badminton, women’s volleyball, women’s rugby- to name a few- were all out on the town in their finest fancy dress after beating sporting rivals in yesterday’s BUCS Wednesday.

As per, the costumes were on top form.  Aura was a blur of colours as those who dared to go topless in the freezing cold wind and rain rubbed body paint on everyone else.

The Tab’s very own Sports Editor was out with the volleyball team- stay tuned for more on his antics!

Numerous students from various sports teams had won free tickets to AU, meaning Aura was even more packed than usual.

However, despite the extensive numbers, Liverpool’s very own ‘Superclub’ did not disappoint as the enormous capacity meant students still had plenty of room to strut their stuff.

And the official photographer was there to capture all of your un-finest moments.

Want to write for our News section? Join our Facebook group.