Five stoner stereotypes

Ever wondered which stoner category you fit into? Katie Bryce has found us five of the most predictable skunk lovers…see which stereotypes you will inevitably have bumped into on your budding highs.

ganja smoking stereotypes stoner weed

If you’re a student then it’s highly probable that you or a lot of people you know smoke weed. To our great amusement, there are a few stereotypes that come with this activity. Here are a few of The Tab’s favourites…

#1 Reefers

These are veterans and have probably been smoking weed before you even knew what weed was. They’ll only smoke pure grass joints and always carry their rolling kit around in a special tin. Usually the most laid back person you know due to the fact that they’ve smoked about six spliffs that day by themselves and are always protesting that weed should be legal because it’s the “most natural thing in the world”. Would easily go through an ounce a week and owns every smoking utensil available.

Can be overheard saying: “what do you mean you felt paranoid? Nah man that’s not the weed it’s YOU” and “don’t put any tobacco in there, it’s bad for you”

A Reefer’s kit is always impeccably organised

#2 The Philosophical One

This particular person was probably really nice before they started smoking. Then one day they happened to pick up a book post bong and suddenly it all made sense to them. WHO are we? WHAT is our purpose? We’re all just SO insignificant! Usually found in the corner of a party talking intensely in someone’s ear about important political matters and shoving their opinions down people’s throats. Oh, and don’t forget that you’re definitely not as intelligent as them and you simply “don’t understand man”.

Can be overheard saying: “No, I disagree” and “BE THE CHANGE”

“Not by wrath does one kill, but by laughter”

#3 Rasta girls

These girls went to your secondary school and probably said things like “drugs are for mugs, I’d never touch them”. That was before their season in Ibiza where they “found themselves” one night as they watched the sun set at Cafe Mambo. The transition was gradual and everyone watched on in awe as they transformed from fake tan and hot pants to dreadlocks and harem pants. Now they resemble Bob Marley and have thrown away all of their worldly possessions in pursuit of a purer and more natural way of living. They often quote Buddha, wear bindis and meditate every morning.

Can be overheard saying: “My chakras are totally opened up”

“That anklet is so fetch”

#4 The Scrounger

Everyone knows one, and when they’re around, all weed will be smoked and none of it will be paid for. Everyone knows their game yet no one has the heart to say “actually no, you can’t have a smoke of that”. They usually leave the room when you’re paying-up and return just in time for the delivery. They’ll hover around any joint being rolled and place themselves perfectly within the circle so that it’ll pass them without anyone noticing. Forever skint and always promising “I’ll pay you back man”.

Can be overheard saying: “Can you strap me a bag?”

Scroungers make do with what they have … and what you are willing to spare

#5 The Ganja Kings

Highly enjoyable to mock, the Kings eat, sleep and breathe GANJA. Generally falling into the 16-20 age bracket, their first joint was like the second coming of Jesus. Their life will never be the same since they first tasted that sweet-sweet Mary Jane and they want to tell you all about it. They’ll Instagram every joint they’ve ever smoked and they just CAN’T believe you don’t smoke weed?! They would absolutely under no circumstance watch a film unless they were high and have been to Amsterdam more than anyone you know.

Can be overheard saying: “Every day is puff-puff-pass Tuesday and it’s ALWAYS 420!”

A Ganja King’s daily supply.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter