What’s on in Liverpool this February

With semester 2 only just in full swing its the perfect time to decimate your student loan without the immediate prospect of exams and essays. Here are The Tab’s picks of how best to go about it.

Pause – The Shipping Forecast

Monday 3rd February    

Liverpool’s finest garage and house night is kicking off their 2014 in style this February, with a lineup that also constitutes the Liverpool leg of the Monki and Friends UK tour. With a new look for the night promised,  and the Leeds based Mak and Pasteman making their Liverpool debut, it’s as good a way as any to beat the January blues.

Clark’s Bashment – The Shipping Forecast

Wednesday 5th February

After invigorating the Leeds scene in January, Clarks is bringing its blend of Jamaican Dancehall, Bashment and Soca to Liverpool for the first of what is hoped to be a regular fixture at the Shipping Forecast. If the rave reviews they’ve gained in other cities so far are anything to go on, this isn’t one to be missed.

Clarks tear it up at Leeds HiFi

Chibuku – East Village Arts Club

Saturday 15th February

One of the last few years’ most prominent electronic producers Hudson Mohawke is the star attraction at this month’s Chibuku. The remainder of the lineup aren’t to be sniffed at either, with Jackmaster, DJ Zinc and Rich Furness making appearances to justify the £15+ tickets.

Speakeasy – The Kazimier

Saturday 15th February

If you prefer your Saturday nights a bit classier – and £5 cheaper to get into – the 15th also sees the legendary Speakeasy return to the Kazimier, featuring such acts as Tankus the Henge and The Chicken Bros. Going on the names alone, it’s bound to be a night to remember.

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain – Liverpool Philharmonic

Tuesday 18th February

They’ve been about for almost 30 years, and claim themselves to be “something of a national institution”.  A bold claim, though the fact that the National Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain now has millions of YouTube views, sold out shows across the world, and an endorsement from Bowie himself (‘wonderfully clever’ apparently)  under its belt means there might be something to it.

Warpaint – O2 Academy

Thursday 20th February

All-female psychedelic rock outfit Warpaint’s self-titled second album released this January is already shaping up to be a presence on 2014’s end of year best-of lists. The Californian four-piece are bringing their world tour to Liverpool’s O2 Academy, and this February is the perfect opportunity to catch one of the generation’s finest at the top of their game.

Disco Pause

Monday 24th February

If one Pause a month isn’t enough for you, or if you can’t get your hands on a ticket for the 3rd then fear not, because the Shipping Forecast have announced the return  of Disco Pause, after its hugely succesful launch last December. Expect plenty of Nile Rodgers and the perfect opportunity to unleash your very finest dance moves.

A few of the offerings from last year’s Disco Pause

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.