Sydney Bones? Library outed as notorious gay cruising hotspot

Cruisinggays.com names Sydney Jones library as the top spot for cruising at uni

cruisinggays.com gay cruising guild basement sydney jones librar university of liverpool

The Sydney Jones library has been outed as a top spot on campus for gay cruising.

The Tab can reveal cruisinggays.com – a website dedicated to identifying and rating gay hook-up spots – has identified the library as a prime location for gay hook-ups.

So it looks like the library has become the place to get your head down in more than one way – as Sydney Jones has come up top as part of the naughty site’s  ‘City Hookup Guide’.

But the cruising pointers don’t end there. The cheeky guide also recommends the Guild Basement – which is unlucky for keen cruisers since it’s currently closed for refurbishment.

And popular student haunts such as Sefton Park are also listed.

Cruisinggays.com says the Sydney Jones, which has a four star rating, attracts a crowd of “anything, everything.”

The site also warns potential cruisers of strict access in to the library (granted only with a valid student card) and the presence of “straight guys.”

In order to attract attention as a cruiser, it recommends making “any sound […] preferably made 3 times.”

The Guild Basement, which is currently closed, has been given a three star rating by the site.

Looks like the library is a hook-up for most people these days

Cruisers are told: “cubicle doors have had the tops and bottoms cut off and the glory holes have been blocked up.

“The building has lots of CCTV cameras (including inside the toilets) and I have seen police there.”

And just in case you were unsure – cruising is officially defined by urbandictionary.com as: “trying to pick up someone for anonymous gay male sex.”

Don’t believe us? Take a look yourself.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.