Scouse no-brow: officially the worst crime against beauty

No surprises there – the iconic scouse brow has been voted biggest beauty sin

abbey clancy beauty cara delevinge coleen rooney escentual.com eyebrows scouse brow

The must-do make-up trick of recent years, the Scouse Brow, has been voted the worst crime against beauty.

The Scouse Brow has been an iconic beauty statement for a while now

A recent poll by Escentual.com ranked the Scouse Brow as the biggest beauty sin, despite defining the looks of superstars such as Coleen Rooney, Abbey Clancy and Cara Delevinge.

The statement brow, achieved using eyebrow pencil to create bold, high arched eyebrows, took over a fifth of the vote in the survey naming the Seven Deadly Beauty Sins.

The seven sins were ranked as follows:

1. The Scouse Brow – 21.2%

2. Foundation tidemarks – 20.4%

3. Patchy fake tan – 16.4%

4. Concealer lips – 9.3%

5. Overplucked eyebrows – 8.7%

6. Clumped ‘spidery’ eyelashes – 6.7%

7. Caked-on powder on face – 4.5%

How not to do a Scouse Brow

Emma Leslie, from Escentual.com, said: “It’s no secret that many women these days like to take an interest in other women’s appearances – whether positively or negatively.

“Of course it’s never nice when this leans towards the malicious side of the spectrum. A lot of these beauty ‘sins’ can easily be avoided by paying a little more attention when getting ready, though.

“As for the Scouse Brow coming up trumps in the list of blunders – style icons like Kate Middleton and Cara Delevingne both have bold brows, which have become an intrinsic, much-coveted element of their looks.

“So it seems that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.”

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.