What’s on this month

From Scientology to Psychics, politics to poetry, there’s plenty to take your mind off the impending doom of exams this month.

If you want to take procrastination beyond the standard Netflix marathon, or if you finish exams before the obligatory Brookhouse piss-up, then fear not. Liverpool is always a hub of culture, and we’ve picked out the best of the best so you don’t have to.

Art Turning Left – Until 2nd February – Tate Liverpool

The next few weeks of Tate Liverpool’s current exhibition ‘Art Turning Left’ are the last chance to see the acclaimed show, which concludes at the beginning of February. Feminism, socialism and punk rock are all under the microscope in a fascinating display which takes in works from across the world and dating back to the French Revolution. Find out more

Inside the Weird World of Scientology – 16th January – Head of Steam Pub

Award winning journalist John Sweeney, famous for his impressive meltdown on the programme’s Scientology special, is talking for the first time about his half-decade of investigations into the shady religion as part of The Merseyside Skeptics Society’s bi-monthly ‘Skeptics in the Pub’ talks. Sweeney was intimidated, spied on and stalked during his investigation, and promises to paint a devastating picture of an organisation that he claims ruins lives and tears families apart. Find out more

Paul Muldoon – 23rd January – Bluecoat Centre

Former Oxford and current Princeton professor, Paul Muldoon is one of the world’s greatest contemporary poets. A winner of the T.S. Eliot and Pulitzer Prizes, his reading at the Bluecoat Centre is not to be missed by anyone with an interest in the literary arts. Find out more

Psychic Production Presents: An Evening with Jane Mason -25th January – Envi

Psychic Jane Mason is coming to Liverpool on the 25th, and apparently “You will be amazed at how accurate Jane’s messages are.” Whether you believe in it all or you just want to take the piss, psychics are always good for a laugh. You might even be able to get some supernatural insight into whether or not you managed to fluke that last exam. Find out more

Bobby Womack – 26th January – Liverpool Philharmonic

One of the most respected soul singers alive today, Bobby Womack has beaten cancer and cocaine addiction to make his spectacular comeback with Gorillaz and 2012’s solo effort The Bravest Man in the Universe. The king of soul still impresses live, with his Glastonbury set garnering rave reviews across the board, and his visit to Liverpool is one of only two UK appearances of his current tour. Find out more

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.