Meet Seb, the cutest rescue dog you’ve ever seen

He’ll make your heart melt

| UPDATED dog pet dog student pet

Every student thinks about getting a house pet at some point, and some have even taken the plunge – but how we got ours was a bit different to the bog standard two rabbits for £35 at Pets at Home (still a great deal though).

While working in Portugal this summer I rescued a puppy, Sebastian, from a tramp who was mistreating him. I planned on rehoming him while I was there, but after getting attached, I couldn’t bear to leave him. My friends and I managed to get him home with a puppy chauffeur, and now he shares a house in Liverpool with six girls.

Constantly entertaining and loving, he’s obviously the most popular housemate. When none of your Tinder matches are talking to you, his adorable face will greet you with love when you come through the door… alone. He gives nothing but unconditional love, all the time.

Related: Best Dog Food for Yorkies (2018 Review).

Although lying in bed until four seems appealing, getting up early for “wee wees” makes the day last way longer. And we all know students can be pretty selfish, but having a furry friend who depends on you teaches you there’s more to life than The Raz.

You can guarantee your dog isn’t going to blab your deepest darkest secrets after too many quad vods, either. He’s always there to listen to you chatting away, moaning, stressing, and for a cuddle when you’ve had a stressful day in the library.

Screw paying £9 a go for Bikram yoga, running round Sefton park playing fetch is completely free. Having a dog keeps you fit and forces you to enjoy the sunshine.

We’ve all spent hours watching animal videos on YouTube, but they’re even funnier in real life. Just look at these:

Making friends in the smoking area couldn’t be easier with man’s best friend in pride of place as your home screen background. Just remember not to go on about it – you don’t want to scare people off. And there are no more excuses for leaving a week old Chester’s on the floor to rot: otherwise you’ll also be dealing with noxious farts and concealed piles of sick.

Seb’s also handy when you want to get rid of an unwanted one night stand. Just send him in and hope for the best.

And finally, tt’s been proven cuddling a cute animal can lower your stress levels, and we could all do with that right now.