Have You Seen This Man?

Police are appealing for information regarding James Bennion who has been missing since Sunday.

James Bennion James Bennion missing Wavertree

Liverpool born James Bennion has been missing since the early hours of Sunday morning, and his family and friends are becoming increasingly worried for his safety.

James, 20 and from Wavertree, was last seen in the Dale Street area at roughly 6am on Sunday.

He left Baa Bar at 3:30 am, and CCTV footage has shown him walking towards the Liverpool ONE bus station at 4:30am.

Merseyside Police’s official appeal describes James as being: “white, 5ft 9in tall, of a slim build with short brown hair. He has a pale complexion and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a navy blue t-shirt with a picture of a record and the word ‘record’ in grey writing printed on the front of it and dark jeans.”

Celebrities including Phillip Schofield, footballer Bradley Johnson and Dermot O’Leary have taken to twitter to aid the search

The efforts to locate James, who has personal links with the Ellesmere Port and Chester areas, have reached a national level, with ITV featuring a video about the search, while a Facebook group in support of the effort has reached over 6,000 members as of today.

Anyone with any information, or who has seen James since Sunday 8th December is urged to contact Merseyside police on either 0151 777 5337 or via the 101 number, or Missing People on 116000.

UPDATE 12/12/13 16.29pm:

An unidentified body has been found in Albert Dock this afternoon as divers searched the area for the missing James Bennion.

The body, found at 2.30pm today, is still unidentified.