Return of the Strike

Twas a day in December, and not a lecturer was stirring

Lecturers and university staff were on strike yesterday, bringing lessons to a standstill and sending students to a duvet day.

The strike involved all manner of staff employed by the university, and was part of a nationwide effort in response to a “derisory pay offer”. Today’s action was following  the Halloween strike.

There’s nobody here…

And there was nobody there…

Most students were however basking in the luxury of a post-Raz day off, free to recover from one too many fat frogs without any lectures to get in the way.

Never long until the microphone comes out

Some however found a novel hangover cure and decided to climb onto the roof of Blackwell’s. Once there, they hung a banner from it showing their support for the striking faculty.

There they are!

Not ALL of the students were supportive though…

The day did get more eventful though as Liverpool Irish Studies building became Occupied, coinciding with other similar events throughout the country.

Lectures will go ahead as normal today as the lecturer’s union has decided not to strike again, but the other staff, in the Unite and Unison unions, will be making it 48 hours of action in order to press home their message.