Volleyball Team left stranded in snow storm

The Women’s Volleyball team were left stranded on the way back from a BUCS match when a freak snow storm hit.

blizzard sheffield snow snow storm women's volleyball team

The Women’s Volleyball team were left stranded for THIRTY MINUTES in the middle of nowhere last night after being unexpectedly hit by a blizzard.

Travelling back from Sheffield after annihilating the team in a 3-2 victory for Liverpool, the minibus they were travelling in struggled to move as snow fell thick and fast over one of England’s highest peaks near Buxton.

The 18-seater minibus could do nothing but wheel spin as the snowstorm hit.

And the snow stuck to the ground, building up to almost an inch and a half in less than half an hour.

At one point, the nine members of the team nearly had to get out to push as there was no way the minibus was moving anywhere.

The driver even put on Destiny’s Child full blast to ease the pain

To top it all off, not a single member of the team had any phone signal as the storm struck as they were crawling up a valley in the middle of nowhere.

Eventually, after an agonizing wait, the minibus finally got back on track and the girls arrived back in Liverpool.

The snow caused them nearly ninety minutes delay on their journey home.

The news comes as temperatures are set to plummet in Liverpool, but even though there has been sleet over the last couple of days, no snow is forecast for Merseyside yet.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.