The Tab goes out with… Boxing

The Tab’s quest to find the best sport’s social continues.

Our mission to go out with as many sport societies as possible took The Tab to Boxing’s AU night.

I arrived feeling somewhat under-dressed.  The super heroes theme saw some people go all out – the president had died his hair blonde to go as Flash Gordon while I’d gone as Clarke Kent (total cost: £2, get in). On the other hand some guys were in togas which was somewhat puzzling.

FLASH AHAAAAA

We were greeted by the club president shouting ‘Who are these wankers’ but after explaining I was from The Tab (I’m kind of a big deal) we played a game of ‘Naked or Drink’ and everyone was friends again. ‘Naked or Drink’ is pretty self-explanatory and resulted in The Tab baring all in a room full of strangers.

Top effort with the costume

Although the boxers were very friendly (after they realised how important I was), at AURA there was some costume friction with shirts being ripped off to match the Rugby #LADS half-naked fancy dress.

Joint winners for best outfit – as awarded by me

It’s fair to say the Boxing social more or less destroyed me. My memories of the night are a hazy mess of downing drinks with the Hulk in Walkabout, finding another guy dressed as Clarke Kent and obviously pulling my pants down at pre drinks. The Boxing society got me so drunk I couldn’t even text their social secretary in understandable English.

Still more readable than most of my articles.

A rare moment when everyone was fully clothed.

Birmingham uni would probs ban this outfit for being racist to Italians

Overall I was well impressed with Boxing’s social. Everyone was welcoming, pre drinks was hilarious, and they took me to my first ever AU – which was mental by the way. Their Social Secretary told me every social goes like that – which is impressive but I don’t think I could cope.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.