A Night in Flux

Polka Presents: Flux Showcase is hitting Liverpool this Saturday, and we’ve got stuff to give away

Polka Presents: Flux Showcase will be hitting the Kitchen Street pop-up on Saturday 9th, and it’s going to be a good one. 

Featuring big names like Voyeur and Jacques Adda, the Leeds-born night has spread its grimy tentacles all over the UK and Europe, and it’s finally coming to Liverpool, thanks to the good people at Polka.

We spoke to one of the masterminds behind Polka, Orlando Lloyd, about what to expect from Saturday’s party:

What’s it going to be like?

It’s going to be amazing. Voyeur are starting to carve their own brand of “deep, smokey, tech-house”, the duo have turned heads in a very serious manner.

Meanwhile Jacques Adda, whom casually co-runs Flux, has been a busy boy in Ibiza, Dimensions and Leeds over the last 36 months, and with a debut release in upcoming months, we’re hoping for big things.

So all in all we expect a very good night, and the showcase really will show off some of Yorkshire’s divine talent. But as expectations go we take something different into every one of our events. We try to keep each one a completely separate entity and maintain the exclusivity to our loyal crowd, so you’ll all have to come down and check it out yo’selves.

Why should people go?

If you haven’t been already, then you need to come and have a look at how we do things at Polka. With the new venue Kitchen St under our belt, we hope to bring some much-desired change to the Liverpool music scene.

Between nights overkilling Haus warehouse as a space, and the ironically named EVAC (which is all you want to do, given their nonsensical employees whom positioned the theatre bar, loos and smoking area all on top of each other) Kitchen St offers a beautifully intimate affair.

It’s undeniably going to become home to some of the most memorable nights in Liverpool between Polka, MuMu and Shelter. And what better way to set off some fireworks than by welcoming one of the UK’s largest house and techno nights to the decks.

To those of you that have been to our previous events, we hope you enjoyed them to the full and we’re very appreciative of all your support. We’ve got some very exciting events to come in the near future and hope you’ll all manage to make it down for either this Polka or the next.

Our personal advice would be to write every event into your calendars, starting with Flux on Saturday, and let’s keep the tide a-turning. May the force be with you.

It’s set to be a good night, and it’d be a shame if you missed out – so that’s why Polka have generously set aside 2 tickets for Saturday’s showcase (along with 20 quid to spend at the bar), 2 tickets for their disco special on December 14th, and 2 tickets to mUmU’s Boxing Day party. Aren’t they nice?

All you have to do to win is like and share this Facebook post, and we’ll pick a lucky, lucky winner at random. And if you don’t win, then you can always buy tickets here.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Like Polka on Facebook, and find out more info on Saturday’s party here