5 Winter Must Haves

Protect yourself from the coming cold with these bargain buys

It’s getting cold out now, what with the aptly named ‘Stormaggedon’ and the predictable Liverpool winds battering us left right and centre (a day didn’t go by last week where I didn’t see someone working the swept over Rudolph look).

Now is the time to be preparing your winter wardrobes and putting on every layer that you own: as Davey C advised go and put on a jumper people.

David Cameron: forever providing us with sound fashion advice

‘I have no money’, ‘I am having a mid-term overdraft life crisis’ I hear you cry. Well have no fear, because the Tab has compiled a list of the most stylish and most affordable winter buys out there this season. You can thank me later…

The Midi Skirt

Keep your knees warm with this versatile piece: can easily take you from the lecture theatre to Heebies courtyard (it gets cold out there people, even with 5 gins in your system). Forever 21 are selling them for a dirt cheap £8.25!

Midriff not included

The Navy Jumper

Navy is the new black this season (saying this goes against my entire belief system, but okay), so invest in an oversized cable knit jumper and you’ll be sorted right the way through to April. Hit the menswear section in Primark, buy one for a tenner and you are still in credit whilst working one of the biggest trends of the season.

I’ll buy anything he’s been wearing…

The Skinny Pant

The tighter they are, the warmer you’ll be (through lack of blood circulation, of course). A pair of plain black skin tight pants are guaranteed to turn some heads whilst keeping your pins nice and snuggly.

£7.99, H&M. I’ll have them in all 5 colours then!

The Pink Coat

Well, there has to be SOMETHING colourful to make those grey winter days seem bright and wonderful. This one is a bit of an investment for £64.99 at New Look but pair this bad boy with dark colours (particularly navy) and you’re good to go!

I doubt anyone else will look this fit in it but we can only try…

And finally…

The Knee High Boot

The ‘I’ve just left my horse at the stable with Daddy’ look will ALWAYS be workable during the winter months. Perfect for hiding your fluffy bed socks and dressing up a simple outfit (Hungover? Feel as though leggings are the only viable option? These are the shoes for you…).

Forever 21 again: this place is an overdraft haven.

Happy Shopping!

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter