My Movember: Week 1

Follow The Tab’s most hirsute writer on his journey as he attempts to claim goatee glory

With this year being my third consecutive year of taking part in Movember (yes, I was a moustachioed 16 year old) you could say that I am somewhat of a seasoned veteran – but I am more excited for this one than ever.

My reason being that this year I am going all out on the goatee front. Up until now I have only ever grown a moustache for Movember but I think it is time to diversify into something a bit more extravagant: the realm of goatees.

As you can see, my previous efforts have been pretty decent and I am hoping for similar results this year but with added flamboyance.

My ‘stache at last year’s Diwali ball (shoutout to HinduSoc

I am starting out my quest for moustachioed glory a few days after having my 1st November shave. Might not have been the closest shave as my stubble has grown back fast, which some of you may view as a head start, but I say that Movember is more of a celebration of moustache wonder than a competition – anything that aids the growth of facial hair is fine by me.

My plan to achieve exquisite facial hair relies on regular facial massages to stimulate hair growth and minimal styling. That’s right, there will be no trimming whatsoever: just pure facial hair development.

Goatee glory

I will need a lot of support to get me through this and I won’t be able to do it on my own, so I hope to see lots of moustaches, goatees, beards and all other sorts of wacky facial hair this month, and if you see someone sporting an exquisite man fuzzer then don’t be afraid to compliment them on it: it is for a good cause after all as it raises awareness and money for prostate cancer research.

You can learn more about Movember is all about, and maybe even donate some money if you are feeling generous, here: http://uk.movember.com/

So mo bros, how many of you guys are doing Movember this year? And what styles will you aiming for?

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter