The Tab goes out with… Gaelic Football

The Tab’s mission to find the best Sports Social at Uni starts here

craic gaelic football Irish night out pub golf

It was with a fair amount of trepidation that The Tab turned up at a packed Font for Gaelic Football’s pub golf social. Predictably enough we were greeted by hordes of (very friendly) Irish people clad in golfing gear.

Social Sec. Joe Quinn was on hand to introduce us to the society and the rules. The only problem being his thick Irish accent was almost impossible to understand to our untrained English ear. This was to prove a common problem as The Tab spent 90% of the night saying ‘sorry, what?’

*you’ll never understand the Irish

Full marks for effort

Unfazed by our inability to understand what was happening, we joined our pub golf teams and set off on a tour of Liverpool’s bars. Highlights included Hannah’s Bar where 50 Dr Pepper bombs were lined up in a domino effect and the ‘Liffey Pub’ where the Tab tried its hand at karaoke with predictably awful results.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvQLe9mhjs[/youtube]

Some couldn’t handle the craic

Vodka slushies in the Pilgrim

In the journeys between bars it was a common occurence for the whole society to fling themselves to the floor as soon as someone said ‘FOUR’ which caused some members to lie in the road rather than face the penalty shots. Fortunately the luck of the Irish meant no-one came to any harm.

Karaoke

Big spender in the Liffey

The last The Tab can reliably remember of the night is downing a quad-vod in O’Brien’s. But overall it’s fair to say that Gaelic Football threw a great social and made us feel very welcome indeed. Although we still don’t really have a clue how to play Gaelic Football and the whole pub golf thing went out the window after Hannah’s, The Tab can firmly say that Gaelic football has got great craic.

Think your club has a better time? Email [email protected] and we’ll come along on your next night out. First round on us.

Like The Tab on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and keep up to date with our LIVE blog.