Liverpool’s Film Guide: October

Who knew the bombed-out church and FACT were the places to catch a hot new flick?

Bombed out Church FACT films LGOS The Guild

Forget Odeon, these are by far the best places to catch a late night movie. The Tab gives you the low down on the places to go for your film fix in October.

3rd October – Dr. Strangelove –The Bombed-Out Church

For all you Kubrick fans, the bombed-out church will be hosting a screening of the 1960’s classic black comedy Dr.Strangelove as part of the Liverpool Festival of Comedy.

Watching “Major Kong” screaming hysterically as he straddles an atomic bomb and waves around his cowboy hat from inside a bombed-out church promises to be one of the most surreal experiences possible without actually dropping acid. Not to be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

5th October – Sharknado –FACT

Do you like sharks? Do you like tornadoes? Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you combined the two? Well wonder no more as, FACT will be screening the awe-inspiringly titled Sharknado; a film that more than fills the quota for chainsaw battles with flying sharks. Seriously, what is not to like about this film?

8th October – Gilmour Lounge

Every Tuesday, University of Liverpool FilmSoc will be screening a different film in the Gilmour Lounge in the Guild.  Be sure to pop down and get rowdy to some quality films. Don’t forget you can bring your own drinks and snacks as well.  Who wouldn’t want to munch on a nice Babybel while watching a film?

20th October – Dracula – FACT

Horror fans, be sure to check out Gothic Sundays at FACT. Each Sunday,FACT will be screening a different classic horror movie, ranging from Nosferatu to The Wolf Man to Dracula. The last in the series of these films, The Elephant Man, is Karl Pilkington’s joint favourite film alongside Kes. An endorsement from Karl is a sure sign of quality.

22nd October – Pieta – FACT

Following the success of Korean masterpiece Oldboy, the balanced brutality and beauty that South Korean cinema is known for is explored once again through Pieta. Foreign films are a bit of an acquired taste but if you can find the motivation to sit through this acclaimed, cult film then I guarantee that you will not regret it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MebVzBdz0OI

Like The Tab on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and keep up to date with our LIVE blog.