On Yer Bike!

University of Liverpool starts new bicycle hire scheme for students

For those of us who prefer to start the day by being resented by everyone we come across, there’s good news.

A new cycle scheme has been started this year, where bikes can be hired for a whole undergraduate year for the price of £90. (Plus a little teeny £100 deposit.)

The bikes are 18 gear hybrids of mountain, road and touring bikes and are designed to be all round, multi purpose machines.

“Regular cyclists enjoy a fitness level equivalent to being 10 years younger” claims the scheme, making it a dream come true for those pining for the physical condition of a 9 year old.

Lycra is optional

Another benefit is “When cycling you will never get stuck in traffic”, one of the many perks of completely ignoring any rules of the road which the scheme seems to be actively encouraging.

Free cycling lessons are also available, or refresher sessions for those who forgot the notoriously immemorable skill of how to ride a bike.

More details are available on the website, where bikes are loaned out on a first come first served basis, so you better get peddling.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter