The Tab’s October Gig Guide

The Tab’s guide to the hottest gigs of the next month

Bonobo – 2nd October – O2 Academy

Now bordering on the fifteenth year of his career, Simon Green, better known as Bonobo has only matured with age. The Brightonian’s subtle blend of electronica, trip hop and a distinctively organic brand of chillout has gained him a sizable following and collaborations with the likes of Erykah Badu.

No Age – 4th October – Korova Bar

Two-piece experimental punk-rockers No Age are one of the most critically celebrated bands of the millennium, this year’s An Object garnering the same calibre of rave reviews as their previous three albums. The band are also known for their performance art and sheer live intensity, meaning their visit to the legendary and newly re-opened Korova Bar is a promising prospect.

Drenge – 7th October – East Village Arts Club

Despite an unfortunate endorsement from ex-MP Tom Watson, Drenge are one of the leading lights of the year. Straightforward focus on bluesy riffs and raw energy, combined with undeniable talent is just the catalyst British rock needs to show signs of life in 2013.

Temples – 15th October – Kazimier

Temples combine the kaleidoscopic sounds of neo-psychedelia and the pop sensibilities of the trippier end of the 60s British Invasion. The result is reminiscent of Revolver-era Beatles crossed with the Flaming Lips, and is not to be missed.

Euros Childs, Bill Ryder-Jones, Laura J Martin – 24th October – Leaf

Though they might not be household names, Euros Childs of Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci and Bill Ryder-Jones of the Coral are two of the most important figures of the last 20 years of British alternative music. Laura J Martin’s eccentric; Kate Bush-esque folk completes an impressive line-up for fans of idiosyncratic indie.

Arctic Monkeys – 28th October – Echo Arena

Fresh from becoming the first band on an indie label ever to score five successive number one albums, and a phenomenally received headline set at Glastonbury, there’s been no better time to catch Britain’s biggest rock band on their world tour in support of acclaimed new album AM.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.