INTRODUCING…Sally Pepper

To learn all about our fellow student who beats up guitars (she said it!), read on…

Live gigs Sally Pepper University of Liverpool Band Society

Sally Pepper is one of those people you can’t help but envy simply because they are just so, well, cool.

With a variety of gigs in the pipeline (including the 02Academy 3 in Birmingham,) a solid repertoire of songs and even a clothing endorsement from Make Da Rhythm Clothing, the future is looking bright for this budding artist.

When asked what she thinks is her personal highlight however, she claims it is “any time someone I don’t know has asked me to sign a CD for them. Like, I’m not famous!”

Sally goes on to reveal how she would describe her music: “I tend to describe my stuff as acoustic pop-rock. Yes, I’m just a girl with a guitar, but not in your typical folky, finger-picking, flowers in my hair kind of way. I beat my guitar up. I really don’t treat it very well at all!”

When she’s not abusing her guitar she is doing her music homework, which includes listening to the likes of Paramore, Malory Knox and Fall Out Boy. Despite declaring that she has “the taste of a fifteen year-old” Sally believes her “love for bands like that really helps [her] when it comes to writing a catchy chorus.”

One thing Ms Pepper is eager to promote is the University of Liverpool Band Society, stating “I definitely know that playing at Band Society nights helped me to gain the confidence to believe that this could be a proper thing.”

And the advise she would give to any hopeful musician? “Gig, gig, gig! But not too much in the same place. Move around. Don’t let people get fed up of you always playing the same old places. And get yourself a good manager! I wouldn’t be doing half as well if it wasn’t for mine!”

Sally Pepper is back next month with some live performances and her music is available to listen to at any time, see below for details.

October

8- 3MT Session at 3 Minute Theatre, Manchester

9- Tiger Lounge, Manchester

18- Rock It Rock Bar, Tamworth w/ Lecarla

20- O2 Academy 3, Birmingham w/ Johnny Get The Gun

29- The Vic Inn, Derby

November

12- The Grapes, Stafford

29- Bunker 13, Stoke

30- Cleary’s White Lion, Tamworth

You can find Sally Pepper on Twitter, Facebook and SoundCloud.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter