Tab Teams

If you’re into sports and you’ve got a liver of steel, you’ll probably be joining a team. Here’s our guide to the big guns of the AU.

BUCS LUMFC lurfc luwfc luwrfc Sports volleyball

Cricket

Eurgh

Eurgh

Despite being in one of the most miserably wet regions in Britain, the cricket team’s been around for over a hundred years and the first team are aiming for promotion to the first division this year.

Twitter: @livunicricket

Football

With four Men’s and two women’s teams there’s plenty of opportunities to play football at Liverpool. The Men’s 2nds won their league last year and the Women’s 1sts came second in theirs.

LUMFC: One of the few teams with custom onesies

Twitter: @LUMFC /@LUWFC

Hockey

One of the biggest sports clubs at the University, Hockey has 7 teams – four Women’s teams and 3 Men’s. Both sides of the club are successful with the Men’s 1sts getting promoted last year and the Women’s 1sts reaching 3 successive cup finals in the last 3 years. Notorious for initiations.

Only 10 tweets? Pull yourself together, guys.

Twitter: @LivUniHockey

Basketball

Both Men’s and Women’s teams are at a high standard with both in the 2nd division and the Men’s 1sts winning the Christie cup.

Only the lanky need apply

Lacrosse

Not for the faint hearted, Lacrosse has grown rapidly from its formation in 2004. Last year the Women’s 1sts gained promotion while the Men’s team had a completely unbeaten season.

No idea what’s going on here but it looks fun.

Twitter: @Livlax

Netball

The standard girls’ sport has 5 teams and one of the largest AU memberships which makes for rowdy socials. The 1sts are currently in the top league.

The Netball team, here in Jelly Belly fancy dress

Twitter: @livnetball2

Rugby

With 3 Men’s teams and one Women’s there’s enough opportunities to play ‘ruggers’ at Liverpool, although you will have to prepare yourself to drink beer from the prop’s hairy bum crack if the rumours about their socials are to be believed.

Richard Storrow and Luke Clifford – Battle of the Lids

Twitter: @LURFC1/@LURLFC

Volleyball

Unfortunately not of the beach variety, the Men’s and Women’s volleyball teams are pretty decent with the Women’s in the first division.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter