The Tab’s Guide to LGOS Welcome Week

The Tab takes a look at what’s in store in The Official LGOS Welcome Week…

Love it or hate it, freshers is underway and as usual LGOS have packed together an events line up which is as they describe ‘THE ONLY WAY TO START YOUR UNIVERSITY LIFE!’. Their words not mine.

Here’s a summary for your ‘Official’ Freshers Welcome Week.

MONDAY

As some of you might know, brand new super club ‘AURA’ opened its doors earlier this month. With a capacity of over 2000, it has replaced legendary underground basement Club 051 to place Liverpool firmly back on the map for dance music.

If you don’t fancy Blue Angel better known as ‘The Raz’, this is the place to be on a Monday night.

TUESDAY

Two official events to choose from. The infamous ‘Dirty Antics’ at Bumper or ‘Cheeky Monkey’ at MODO.

Dirty Antics hails itself as ‘Liverpool’s Most Legendary Night!!!’ It’s not, but definitely above average at the very least. Look out for a music mix of Indie/Funk and Dirty House/Electrified Dub as well drinks, shots and bottles from £1.

Although probably not your first choice, Cheeky Monkey at MODO has been known to host the occasional banger. Providing two floors of music, LED light shows as well a swanky outdoor area, MODO should not be discounted. Look out for a music mix of Urban and Hip Hop as well as drinks from £1.50.

WEDNESDAY

Still fresh from its grand opening last year, Wednesday night belongs to the notorious Bierkellar. Boasting a massive three bar complex, with a 1400 capacity as well as drinks offers including £1.50 shots and £4 STEINS, this is the perfect location to kick off your night before Medication.

THURSDAY

A long time heavy weight in the Liverpool nightlife calendar, Garlands is the place to be this Thursday. Normally the biggest gay club in Liverpool, Garlands opens its doors to students for the self proclaimed ‘BIGGEST Student Night Everyone’s Talking About It…’

With two floors and four rooms of music featuring House, Electro, Pop and Dubstep as well as drinks from £1, it has the potential to live up to the bill.

FRIDAY

No Friday night is complete without stopping off at Heebie Jeebies. Spanning two floors, a spacious outdoor area and of course, the notorious basement, Heebies has gained the reputation as one of the coolest venues in Liverpool.

Heebies has a blend of funk and soul on the first floor and Deep House, Electronic and Dance in the Basement makes it an essential feature in the Liverpool nightlife calendar.

SATURDAY

Surely the biggest event in the Official Welcome Week line up LGOS is back to host WELCOME BALL 2013. The headline act is yet to be officially announced but with past names such as Pendulum, Zane Lowe and DJ Fresh at this 3000 capacity event, this is not one to be missed by any freshers.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter