DO NOT MISS: Write Now Festival

The Unity Theatre hosts a four-day festival featuring some of UoL’s finest directors.

| UPDATED Festival plays Unity Theatre

The Unity Theatre will open its doors this Wednesday for a four-day event, showcasing both student and professional one-act plays.

The itinerary boasts 11 plays, 13 playwrights and 37 performers.

Tickets are £10 and it is an opportunity to support local theatre at its best.

Alongside standard performances, the festival will host pre-show and post-show discussions of the plays being performed, as well as workshops, which it will be free to attend.

The Tab recommends Hovering On the Edge by Brian Brown, which has been directed by the University of Liverpool student Rio Matchett. It focuses on two men who decide to volunteer for charity and are changed by the experience.

Another potentially interesting performance is The Road To Skibbereen by Angela Walsh, which apparently involves putting trainers in the fridge, Lady Macbeth and a mother-daughter relationship…your guess is as good as ours!

Find out why BBC Radio presenter Roger Phillips claims the festival to be “important” and going “from strength to strength” on Wednesday 18th September up until Saturday 21st.

Tickets can be purchased at the Unity Theatre box office and the festival’s website, writenowfestival.co.uk.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.