REVIEW: LUDScribble and Alastair Clark

LUDScribble and Alastair Clark preview their Edinburgh Fringe show at The Pilgrim

Students struck gold as they witnessed pure comedy genius for the petty sum of just £3.

From the left: Liam Hale, Shay Cooke, Emma Williams, Chris Worrall, Toby Hall, Frances Greenfield

Last Wednesday, the six talented students setting off for the PBH Free Fringe and stand up comic Alastair Clark had the audience in stitches as they previewed the shows they’ll be taking all the way to Edinburgh this August.

Despite many students being at home, the upstairs of The Pilgrim Pub was rammed with students and Scousers alike, raising over £100 for the Free Fringe.

The sketch-show, titled ‘LUDScribble: Sketching Out’, featured 22 sketches and lasted just over an hour.

Amongst the incredibly witty sketches about an angry Tesco self-service machine and a debt ridden Wallace and Gromit were the classic songs composed by Chris Worrall, the master mind behind LUDScribble’s success.

He told The Tab: “It started off three years ago as something that was a bit of a joke.

“It’s now at a point where we’re about to be a part of the world’s largest comedy and aerts festival, which is just amazing.
“The sketch about the pedophilic gardeners is my favourite as it’s something that’s particularly unique. It makes me chuckle. I’ve heard it about 20 times and it still makes me laugh. I think that’s the sign of comedy gold.”

Philosophy graduate, Alastair Clark, also previewed the stand up routine he’ll be taking to Edinburgh: ‘Alastair Clark BA (Hons)’.

Although perhaps slightly too long, the routine exceeded all expectations as he took the audience on a journey of his highs and lows as an undergrad.

This year marks the third time Alastair will perform at Edinburgh, although that doesn’t stop him from being nervous.

He said:  “I had the idea for my routine before I finished uni but I’ve been writing it since October.

“When I’m on stage I get so into it that I just try and keep everything together so I never really know how well I’ve done.”

Verdict: a truly brilliant show.  Genuinely funny and extremely clever.  Best of luck to all of those who will be at Edinburgh this summer.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.