Best of the Tab This Week

All the best stories from The Tab this week

Whether you couldn’t wait to get stuck in or just wishing the earth would swallow you up, the exam season kicked off this week, starting what seems to be one of the most painful two weeks of any student’s life.

Luckily The Tab have still been hard at work, providing any kind of distraction that will tear us away from the most hated word in our vocabulary right now. Revision…

Anyway, here’s the best bits from The Tab.

B-Nob Buckby Lashes Out Over Woolwich

In the wake of the Woolwich atrocities this week, BCOC Jack Buckby was seen spouting off on Twitter once again, seemingly trying to blame Islam and the Qur’an for Wednesday’s events.

Although some weren’t too happy that the Tab provided a platform for his extreme views, anyone with half a brain cell could see that the events in Woolwich were not ‘a perfect example of what Islam is all about’.

Highlight comment: “Jack Buckby wet the bed until he was 15”

Full story here

Best pals Jack Buckby and Nick Griffin

Uni Lecturer in Woolwich Controversy

Buckby wasn’t the only one to use the Woolwich attack as a platform for his political views. Liverpool Sociology lecturer, Dr Leon Moosavi blamed the attacks on Britains ‘aggressive and utterly selfish foreign policy’.

These comments later evoked criticism from others who said Moosavi used the Woolwich attacks as an ‘opportunity to peddle your own political interpretation and ‘scholarly’ agenda – one that has clear sympathies with the murderers’ rhetoric’.

No matter what anyone says, everyone’s got an opinion.

Full story here

Dr Moosavi making a media appearance

There’s a Rat in the Kitchen

On a lighter note, Greenbank is infested with rats. Those unhygienic freshers have been attracting a swarm of wildlife, including mice, squirrels, birds and many other little cretins.

Sources told The Tab, “We came in from a night out at 3am and saw it there with shit and piss and blood on the floor and walls”.

Classic Greenbank. Wouldn’t catch that at Carnatic.

Full story here

Feast on that

Revealed: Who does the Most Drugs?

This week The Tab revealed all there is to know about uni students’ drug habits. The survey (conducted earlier this year) revealed Liverpool to be top for cocaine and mephedrone while Leeds came top in almost everything else.

Who said you need drugs to have a good time? Leeds definitely did.

Full story here

7% of Liverpool Students are Virgins

Sneakily, while conducting their drug survey The Tab also snuck in a few questions about students’ sexual activity.

Results revealed that only 6.8% of Liverpool students had retained their innocence which was second only to Leeds. London’s Imperial came top with a whopping 18.9% virgin population.

Full story here

The Advantages of Being Ginger

Finally, Birmingham Tab’s Rhian Lubin taught us all a lesson on why being ginger isn’t that bad after all. Arguments such as ‘We’re a rare breed’ and ‘We unite together!’ gave a valiant attempt at why those ‘shade gremlins’ shouldn’t be bottom of the pile.

Unfortunately, until ginger stops rhyming with minger I can’t see things changing… Unlucky rangas.

Full story here

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter