RIOT! Soho Riots improve their track record

Soho Riots remind us why we’re proud they’re our homeboys

So you’ve heard ‘Who’s Your Man?’ and loved it, it’s a given. If you haven’t you are sorely behind and you must watch it here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZn78So0WUc[/youtube]

Soho Riots have sprung from our very own Liverpool University turf and they are here to remind us why Liverpool is famous for producing quality music.

With ‘Who’s Your Man?’ under their belt, an incredibly catchy (as in sticking like glue) tune with an upbeat chorus and heartfelt message, you would have thought that they would struggle with the next step. But no.

Their next tune, ‘I Only Want To Talk’, which has only just been released is musically complex but morally simple: a great mix of ingredients for us students needing fresh new music to head-bang to on the way into uni.

Starting slow with Andy Woodhouse’s throaty sound the song draws you in before you are blown away by the blast of guitars that gets your heart pumping.

Also released this week is ‘The Shore (Oh My)’, which is more experimental but this has certainly paid off for the band. Listening to it without any knowledge of the band you would not believe that they have only existed less than a year.

So the prescription from your musical doctor is to have a good old listen to these new tunes from our local band Soho Riots before they run off and take over the rest of the country. You’ve got until they graduate.

Get onto Soundcloud now to see what has caused the riot.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.