Good Golly Miss Holly

We catch up with LJMU student and Grazia blogger Hollie Bradbury

Aspiring to make a mark on the fashion industry?  We all know it’s a tough world out there but who cares what you know, it really is who you know.

LJMU student and dedicated blogger Hollie Bradbury reminds The Tab you should always be sure to wear a smile because you never know who you are going to meet.

The first year journalism student from Leeds bagged herself a column with the one and only Grazia (yes, we know GRAZIA!) at just 18 because of her memorable scouse brow.  We like to think Liverpool’s caterpillar influence has furthered many along their career path to top publications.

Hollies idol is Florence Welsh – We all love our Flo!

We met Hollie for a drink in House on Bold Street, which totally fits the bill of going somewhere classy and alternative.  Her cool persona and boho look was completed with a leopard print coat, just an example of her classic style.

So, how did she do it?

Hollie noticed Marianne Jones, Deputy Editor of Grazia, on the train on her way to national journalism week after someone had tweeted that she was on the same carriage as her.  Hollie said:

“I saw her but I didn’t go up to her and speak to her, I waited until I got there and listened to her presentation on how to get into fashion journalism and magazines.

“I said ‘oh I think I saw you this morning’, and I’d drawn my eyebrows on like black, like horrible eyebrows and I could see she was looking at them like, ‘your eyebrows are really strange’ and I was really nervous and she was like ‘it’s nice to have met you’ and I thought oh she’s not going to remember me…  But I gave her my card and blog.”

After dreaming Grazia were going to get in touch and offer her a job, a week later she received an email asking to be their ‘about town blogger’ for Leeds.  This can only mean one thing to those of you serious enough to commit; no cheese before bed.

“She was really, really nice and we are still in touch now.

“I’ve emailed her every now and then like what would you do in this situation and it turns out she was actually here, she lived in Liverpool!

“She said Liverpool is such a good place to get stories and it spurred me to want to do it, because if she succeeded from being here then we can, I can, anyone can!”

Hollies started her blog, ‘Good golly Miss Holly’ when she got dumped on Valentine’s Day as a space to vent and slate her ex-boyfriend.  Yes, The Tab likes this idea.  Check out Hollie’s beauty and fashion blog focussing on a student lifestyle and budget.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.