Bestival Comes To Liverpool

Bestival to host fundraiser in memory of lives lost in fatal coach crash…

bestival bestival bus crash

If you have ever been lucky enough to go to Bestival or even know someone that’s been, it can be guaranteed they will tell you they had the best weekend of their lives and it made Reading look as tame as a Mum’s coffee morning. Therefore their arrival in Liverpool has the potential for one of the biggest events of year.

On March 30 Liverpool have the exclusive pleasure of hosting a one off Bestival Special at Nation, the normal home of favourite student club night, Medication.

The event comes in the wake of the saddening events which took place in September last year, connecting Bestival and Liverpool forever. On September 10, Liverpool residents Michael Molloy, Kerry Ogden and Colin Daulby were sadly killed while Zach Washington-Young suffered life changing injuries in a coach crash on the way home from Bestival.

Michael Molloy of Walton, Liverpool, was on the coach when it crashed into a tree on the A3 near Hindhead

The Fundraiser is being put on by chief Bestival organiser Rob Da Bank in memorial of the three people who lost their lives that day as well as in support for Zach Washington-Young.

However, do not be tricked into thinking that this will be a sombre event in any way. Bestival will be throwing the party of all parties in true festival style, hosting the likes of Ian McCulloch and Ian Broudie, The Cuban Bothers, Is Tropical, Killaflaw, The Tea Street Band and many many more…

Anyone who has been to Bestival before will know that it’s not all about the music and this is no exception. Bestival have lined up some real treats including a spoken word set from the world’s most lauded trafficker of illicit substances, Howard Marks aka Mr. Nice. Plus a rare screening of one of the best concert films in recent years, The Chemical Brothers: ‘Don’t Think’.

If that’s not enough, the spiritual home of Cream will be hosting a cracking DJ line-up including Radio 1 leftfield behemoth Rob da Bank, along with a selection of Liverpool’s finest including Steve Parry, Chris McGee and Dave Whelan.

Surely too good to miss

Money raised from the night will go to the immediate parents or guardians of festivalgoers Michael Molloy and Kerry Lynne Ogden who lost their lives in the accident and Zach Washington-Young, who suffered life changing injuries.

Tickets priced £16.25 including booking fee are available now. You would be a fool to miss it.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter