The Return of Polka

With their last event going down as a complete success on all accounts, we welcome Polka. back this Saturday.

With their last event going down as a complete success on all accounts, it is with great excitement that we welcome Polka. back this Saturday for a disco special that is sure to stand out from the crowd.

One of the few things that brings many of us through the dire period of January exams is the promise of a good night out to celebrate once they’re over, and Polka. certainly provided that when they presented Cera Alba at the Williamson Tunnels for us.

Despite four inches of snow, students marched in their masses down Smithdown Road to find out for themselves what the boys behind the new night were to offer.

To find a night in Liverpool where you can enjoy good music and a good atmosphere without having to stop eating for a week to afford it is difficult, but Polka. managed to provide that balance for us.

This Saturday’s disco special with Duff Disco and LG has therefore been eagerly anticipated by all of those who both attended and missed out last time.

Disco is a territory that is relatively untouched within Liverpool’s music scene and the decision to tackle this genre could provide a well-needed change from the typical night out we all attend.

Polka. hosted the second room for Abandon Silence when they brought Dusky to us a few weeks ago, and their resident DJ Orfan dropped disco classics such as George Benson’s ‘Give Me The Night,’ which had everyone on their feet outside despite the cold weather.

These past two events have set a high standard for the boys behind this new night and we look forward to seeing what this Saturday has in store for us.

Get your tickets for Polka. with Duff Disco, LG and residents Harry Sheehan and Orfan by clicking here, from ticket reps. or Bold St. Coffee.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.