Languishing Opponents Punished by Long-Range Luke

The latest on ATB FC, brought to you by the captain.

ATB FC Campus Football Football

Fortunately, your usual reporter was unable to write the report as he was absent from the game against R&G. Instead, your reporter for this fixture will be the ATB Captain, providing you with exclusive news and interviews.

The performance was unpredictable from the Boys as supersub Ewan, the Rock Sam, lanky keeper Oscar and London boy Jonny all had commitments outside of Liverpool. Well, all except Jonny: he had a hamstring injury but sources say he was partying in Vine Court. These rumours can be supported by the fact he refused to get it checked by our physiotherapy team, G and Nikhil.

The line-up featured the Boss in goal and G wearing the no. 9.  Polish star Adam dropped deeper in the no. 10 role and Old Man Obi played as a no. 8. Patrick was at the back alongside new loan star Luke, who won over the fans instantly with a halfway line screamer.

New boy Luke after his half way line screamer

The match remained tense with a fast tempo and both sides testing the keepers. Sawko eventually dribbled towards goal and smashed one in which relieved some of the pressure. Credit to R&G, who managed to make the most out of poor marking on the edge of the area, leaving the keeper helpless.

At 2-1, Old man Obi started to find rhythm in his game and was getting into dangerous positions. After hitting the post, he was rewarded by burying a half volley. Without any subs, both teams were struggling but the Boys kept going and the Boss saved a one on one in last minute ensuring it finished 3-1 to the Boys.

Supporters were puzzled by manager Matičević’s tinkering before the match, but he showed that the Boss always knows best. After the game he said:

“Our first back to back wins couldn’t have come at a more crucial time, we just need to keep this run going and hopefully convert more chances. Although Luke got man of the match, Patrick and G both deserve a special mention for seeing to their duties in unfamiliar positions. G in particular, who hasn’t had the easiest of season deserved at least one goal as he threatened the opposition every time he got the ball.”

With regard to transfer news the Boss answered:

“I know cricket season is fast-approaching but we hope Patrick and Ewan will see their contracts through. G hasn’t said he’s leaving so expect him to stay. I’ve been working closely with him by trying to find him a defined role in the team but his inability to play every week means he’ll progress at a slow rate. I’ve put him in touch with some pros and it has helped him a lot. I can also confirm that Raheem is merely a fan despite rumours speculating otherwise.”

G learning from the pros

Head-scout Matičević is due for scouting trip in the Balkans in the coming weeks, so you will be given more reports on that when he returns.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.