Bright Lights, Bigger City

£5.5 Billion Liverpool Waters project given the go-ahead

Great news for students of Liverpool; as Communities Secretary Eric Pickles gives the thumbs up to the Liverpool Waters scheme, a project estimated at around £5.5 billion.

Having beaten London by a large number of votes in the nightlife poll, any stereotypical negativity about the city is finally being trodden all over by people throughout the UK.

Artist’s impression of what the finished Waters Scheme Project will resemble.

Although the exciting project is still in its infancy, it is likely to be well underway by 2014.

As well as the buzz surrounding the development of Mann island, and the renovation of long-running department store Lewis’s, the Liverpool Waters scheme promises top of the range apartments, new hotels, bars and what’s more, a Cruise terminal!

Whilst the majority of us are suffering from March blues owing to the drying out of our student loans, we can at least look forward to the ambitious dream of boarding a liner to St Lucia with our first paycheck! (Wishful thinking for a girl who dreams of marrying into wealth).

The plans will add a 55-storey skyscraper to add yet more sparkle and intrigue to the city’s skyline.  As well as creating tens of thousands of jobs, the project will undoubtedly affirm Liverpool as one of Europe’s most fascinating, impressive and enjoyable cities.

So having given the green light to such a pr0mising prospect for Liverpool, it looks like some characters in government can see past their own reflections in the mirror by supporting the city’s potential to grow and maintain its honorable stance as party capital of Britain!

In the meantime, the Dockland’s attractive bars and restaurants will suffice for a night which stretches our attire and purses/wallets a little beyond the wilderness of Seel Street and Concert Square- perhaps after the April loan graces us with its presence hey!

Want to know more about the Scheme? Here’s a video expanding on all the details!

http://vimeo.com/37353418

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.