Boredcasting on: Take Me Out

Everyone’s favourite Saturday night entertainment gets the Boredcasting treatment

I sat down on Saturday night for an hour of excellent entertainment as ITV offered Saturday night Gold ‘Take Me Out’ as girls were instructed to ‘no likey, no lighty’ for the last time in the series.

From twitter, you’d be correct in thinking Take Me Out is a very marmite sort of show. Many spout faux-disgust at its sexually charged nature and cheesy but hilarious host Paddy McGuinness (who I remember best from his exploits with Peter Kay), while others like myself express joy at its brilliant and often awkward nature. So let the Tab see the… oh I can’t do it.

This week’s show saw Welsh rugby player Tom, cute aspiring stuntman Henry from Leeds, museum and Folk enthusiast Ben and Liverpool’s own nana’s boy Joe all score themselves a date, as well as a few check-backs from previous dates that ended up the best awkward fest ever.

Tom from Cardiff had most of the girls turned on after the first round other than a girl who’s hair looks like a dead horse, but the majority turned off at the news he shaves his legs. After feeding time at the zoo he left with a date that at the end of the episode that resulted in them setting up a second date and seemed like they had a really good time.

Following this we met Henry who flipped his way out of the lift to AC/DC and scored himself a date with a girl who I wouldn’t have chosen, but ended up having a great connection and great time with. Unfortunately, he didn’t really offer anything other than a bit of man-candy to the show, which left his segments rather boring.

Ben then morris-danced his way to a date with aforementioned dead-horse haired Emma , which ended up in what looked like a completely silent date on the island of Fernando’s, for the most awkward one we’d seen yet after a few previous dates ended up in absolute failures throughout the show. Emma was as whiney as she looked and their date would have made anyone cringe.

The mythical Isle of Fernandos

Finally Scouse lad Joe got a rather successful date with ‘dead sound’ Emma where they went horse-riding and ended up with having a bit of a mare of a time at first, but he then wooed his way into a good evening.

Take Me Out is certainly a show that would make me stay in and I think through it’s cheese its as hilarious as watching guys attempt pulling in the Raz on a Monday. At the same time however, Paddy McGuinness leads the show and I couldn’t imagine it working without him – after all, who wants a dating show that doesn’t have a good host. Not me.

As a regular Take Me Out viewer, so there’s no denying I’ll be watching when it returns next series. Next week I review come dine with me, Channel 4’s best time wasting offering.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter