Liverpool Via Harlem: The best (And Worst)

Perhaps it’s just our Empire State of Mind?

harlem shake hope hope university liverpool scouse

The Harlem Shake has been globetrotting the nation for a few weeks now…

The internet sensation has been such a hit that it’s been unanimously linked to a recent upsurge in Deed Poll requests as Sheikhs across the Middle East submit their applications to change their forename to ‘Harlem’.

In the wake of the recent ‘Shake-gate Scandal’, we searched the Internet for the best (and worst) Shakes from the Liverpool area.

Although plenty of people are beginning to hate the craze, it shows no sign of slowing down – especially amongst students, who have nothing better to do with their time than to make Youtube videos all day.

Here’s a few of The Tab’s favourite Liverpool Harlem Shakes – by far the best dance videos to come out of this city since The Reynolds Sisters.

LURFC’s video kicked off proceedings when The Tab reported their efforts over a fortnight ago.

You can tell this is a ‘student version’ because of how shit their living room is…

If only all barbers made Harlem Shake videos, rather than making awkward chat and taking your money….

Astonishingly, these Hope students managed to figure out how a video camera works and got in on the Harlem Shake action. Good for them…

We thought Bootle only existed as a word on the front of buses, but they’ve got in on the action too…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPvnioovV0A

Maybe the whole thing’s getting a bit annoying by now, but this one’s actually hilarious…

The Liverpool 1 Hollister crew use the Harlem Shake as an excuse to flex their guns…but that’s to be expected really…

As a good friend of one of the The Tab editors, Louise Parsons, you’ve been named and shamed.

And finally….
The UoL vet freshers give us all a masterclass in how to perfect the Harlem Shake…

Chaucer, in the 14th century, gave you the dissolute rake. Here in the 21st, we bring you the dissolute Shake. Vote for your favourite below:

And just if you thought The Tab will be doing their own version of the Harlem Shake, we’re sorry but that’s simply not going to happen.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter