LGOS election candidates: best dressed

We headed to the Meet Greet and Eat event to suss out this year’s candidates… and their clothes

As the LGOS Election campaigning gets underway, it was only appropriate for the Tab Fashion gals to head on down to the Guild and suss out the candidates.

Forever advocates of a democratic voting system, we decided to deliberate over the candidates based on their policies, promises…and clothes. Yes, this may seem trivial compared to the challenges faced by the modern student, but it is true that whoever wins will be forced into our faces for the next year of study. Life size cut of Sam Butler in the Reilly Building anyone? It’s enough to distract you senseless, so you may as well get to stare at someone who really knows how to put an outfit together, as well as a manifesto.

Thus we snapped the Guild President candidates at the Meet Greet and Eat event, held at the Guild on Monday evening, to find out who is the most stylish candidate on offer this year…

Hannah Clare

Shunning the customary candidate T Shirt, Hannah grabbed our attention with her bright skirt and thick framed glasses.

Most likely candidate to rule the world, we’ve been told.

James Coe

The token cutie of the election proceedings, Coe stuck sharply to the rules, sporting his blue candidate t shirt with pride. We were assured that beneath the hues of blue lay a beautiful shirt, picked out just for our eyes: such a catch ladies, such a catch.

Adorable, non?

Kate Holmes

Kate’s slogan of ‘Holmes is where the heart is’ had us at hello. Her subtle yet effective T Shirt caught our eye, as we’re a sucker for a good heart.

Don’t be fooled by the dainty T Shirt: this gal means business.

Alexander Ferguson

Alex’s christmas themed colour scheme really matches his personality: bubbly, enigmatic and a tad alternative, he is a serious contender in these elections.

Trying to bribe us with muffins on no carb day didn’t go down well.

Emma Sims

We loved Emma’s choice of colours for her candidate T Shirt, and absolutely adored her floral skirt. Someone was definitely prepared for the mock heatwave that we’re experiencing this week…

Sharp bob = sharp objectives

Aidan Mann

This fella means serious business: suit, shirt, open collar to appear more student than businessman…Top marks for this look, we definitely took him more seriously than the T Shirt crew.

Suited and booted

Harry Anderson

Ferguson’s got competition with his colour scheme in the form of Harry. We loved his wide brimmed glasses and checked shirt, which was unfortunately hidden beneath the moss green mayhem.

He may look shy but this guy has a feisty agenda

Oyindamola Johnson

This gal relished the opportunity to show off her confidence, striking various poses and really showcasing herself as a strong contender. Although our aversion to trainers has been noted, we adored her floral pumps and sunglasses combo.

The sunglasses, the customised tee: this girl’s got it sorted.

and last, but not least…

Sam Butler, Guild President

We cannot bring ourselves to consider the fact that Sam Butler will not be running for the presidency again this year, but we can remind everyone of how stylish and coiffed our current Guild President is.

We are going to miss those cable knit jumpers

Follow us on Twitter @tablivfashion for more of our highly irrelevant commentary on the SO Elections.