The Stylish Night

Music met Fashion at this glamorous event, raising £1000 for Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.

| UPDATED desperate scousewives Elissa Corrigan Make-A-Wish Foundation St George's Hall The Style Night

8TEN Events Ltd. host a charity fashion event, The Style Night, in St George’s Hall in aid of Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK. 

Paris Griffith, fashion stylist and founder of 8TEN Events Ltd, hosted the event.  Her collection, ‘Paris G’, was a huge success.

“I started it to showcase the designer’s brand.  There’s a London Fashion week but for new designers it’s hard to get to London […] it’s not so much to get Liverpool on the map, it’s just to give new designers the chance to see whats behind the scenes. It’s like a stepping stone to London.”

Next up was Helena Hussain.  Hussain is drawn on her own cultural background and Arabian Architecture.  She told The Tab:

“I’ve taken inspiration from Dubai architecture, during my studies at LJMU I took two weeks out and went to Dubai myself and took inspiration from the colours and shapes. I narrowed it down to white and gold, however, I still like to take in other colours…keeping it pastel.”

Preparations backstage

Liverpool has also influenced her designs with the old and new angular architecture.

Next was women and menswear label, Ultimate Fashion. Josephinzay designed his first dress at 13 years old and takes influence from Agatha Christie’s nooks and programmes.  His label combines Art Deco with Phantom of the Opera and draws from different sculptures and buildings from the 1930s.

New T-shirt brand, Unusual Suspect, showed off their new collection, accompanied by Manchester artist, Kemm, who immediately created great vibe in the Concert Room with his music.

To follow was luxury womenswear label, Isabel Wong, whose designs delivered sheer class with her neutral colours and simplistic, contemporary designs.

Some Isabel Wong designs

“I’d say Chalayan is one of my favourite designers because he is very imitative, I wouldn’t necessarily compare my stuff with his.  I’d say Celine and Chloe represent my label,” Isabell told The Tab.

Lastly was womenswear brand ‘Umoja’, accompanied by Liverpool’s musical duet Lanca Gomez.

“I’m an ethical designer, I want my clothes to last a life time not a season,” said Victoria Hughes, designer for the label Umoja

All of Victoria’s influences are taken from African culture and her clothes are all fair trade and made in Kenya.  Victoria is driven by the employment her designs give to the local community in Kenya at a workshop called ‘Socca’.  In sending her designs abroad, it offers jobs to people who desperately need them and inspires her work.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdRs3o8WaOI[/youtube]

Video for Lanca Gomez’s ‘Kick Back’, featuring clips from the night

Zetia Dennis is a jewellery designer who showcased at The Style Night.  After creating her online business, ‘Sweet Addiction’, she started ‘Doll Face’ last November influenced by London, Liverpool and Rihanna.

‘Desperate Scousewives’ star Elissa Corrigan came to The Style Night wearing one of Paris G’s dresses and told The Tab:

“I think all the young designers in Liverpool are really good, they’re always cutting edge and their all a bit different as well.  They really take the time and put a lot of effort in.”

St. George’s Hall was the perfect venue

The evening made £3061 of which £1000 will be given to the Make-A-Wish Foundation after paying for the hall and bar.  The charity grants magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.

Photographs by James Garbutt and Georgie Moore

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter