PAUSE: Ready, Set, Play

PAUSE, which promises to bring a “brand new sound to Liverpool”, launches at the Shipping Forecast tonight.

PAUSE, a new monthly club night, promises to bring a brand new sound to Liverpool as it hosts the city’s first ever solely UK Garage and Old School House night at The Shipping Forecast.

Residents will be setting the tone for what is to come over the rest of the year, but getting the party started is Garage royalty and local lads Chalet + Whistleblowa.

The boys from Widnes have earned a sterling reputation nationwide for their ‘all-viynl’ set.

From a team who have worked tirelessly to put the night together, John McAndrew said: “All-vinyl sets are a rarity these days and a brilliant spectacle […] Chalet + Whistleblowa’s ability to read a crowd is second to none. There was no other option.”

A consistent host to nights such as AbandonSilence and Discoteca Poca, The Shipping Forecast (Slater Street) has be named as the venue for tonight’s launch party.

Taking place in ‘The Hold’, The Tab asked potential PAUSE-goers what they thought of the chosen location. A Shipping regular said: “It’s such a great venue, especially for House nights. There’s always a friendly atmosphere in a room full of like-minded music lovers.”

When asked why they decided to make PAUSE monthly, John told The Tab: “We wanted to make it monthly so that it becomes a special occasion for people to put in their diaries.”

He added: “We wanted to make it a low cost night that provides a party atmosphere and caters for a genre that has previously been ignored in the city.”

When quizzed on his aims and expectations, he said: “We don’t intend on booking big DJ’s, we are not that type of night, as the majority of music we play is over 10 years old.  We are a night that wants to play your favourite tunes and not train spot your favourite DJ’s – our residents are more than capable.”

However, John did tell us that they won’t be ruling out bookings altogether – for end of year parties or birthdays – for example.

The Tab feels we should warn you that there are no pre-sale tickets for the event so to guarantee entry and to avoid disappointment, please arrive as early as possible.

When questioned why this was, John said: “We decided to make it pay on the door because people won’t go through the trouble of buying online when it is so cheap…It’s only £3 before 11:30, £4 after that.”

One final warning from The Tab is that a professional photographer has been booked and will also be making a video of the night so don’t turn up looking like shit.

If you haven’t already heard the first mix, click here:

Click here to visit the PAUSE facebook page.

While you’re at it, you may as well Like The Tab on facebook and follow us on Twitter.

PAUSE: Last monday of every month, 10pm-3am.