It’s The End of The World as We Know It

Want one last big night out before the world ends? The Tab is at hand with our Apocalypse picks

If you believe the hype, the world is going to end on the 21st. We’re not sure whether it’ll be because of the second coming of Jesus, an asteroid impact, or an alien invasion. All we know is, it could be your last night on Earth. May as well make it a big one. 

Here’s our collection of the best end of the world nights in Liverpool, and all of them are free entry, so there’s no excuse for not going out with a bang.

Stock Exchange – Chameleon, Back Colquitt Street – 8PM-2AM

All the joys of city trading without the suits and cocaine. The drinks prices go up and down depending on what’s selling, so it’s a fun game to try and get some cheap deals to take your mind off your impending doom.

Christmas Rev Rocks – Revolution, Wood Street – 8PM-4AM

It’s 2 for 1 drinks all night at this indie/rock ‘n roll event, so it won’t cost you the earth to get so wasted that you don’t notice the horrors of Armageddon. Then again, what’s the point in saving money if the world’s going to end anyway?

If you thought it was easy to pull in Concert Square on a normal night, imagine how easy it’ll be if everyone out is convinced that it’s their last night on earth. I’m getting a ticket right now.

Chemikal Xmas Party – The Penthouse, Bold Street – 10PM-6AM

If for some reason the world doesn’t end on the 21st, you should definitely celebrate. Head on down to Bold Street for some house music and Christmas vibes. It’s going on until 6AM the next morning, so you’ll have all night long to rejoice in the survival of the human race.

What to Wear

It could well be your last night on the planet Earth – you need to make sure you’re dressed for the occasion.

Boys – it’s officially winter now, which means it’s acceptable to go out in woolly jumpers and cardigans.

Liverpool Uni alumnus Jon Snow in the perfect outfit – warm and garish.

You should definitely make the most of this opportunity, because when central heating becomes a thing of the past post-Apocalypse, you’re going to be really thankful for those extra layers.

Girls – Especially in Liverpool, a female heading into town without being dolled up to the nines and in a tiny dress is going to raise some scouse brows.

Just those bangles alone will probably buy you fresh water for a few months

Whatever you wear, be sure to put on as much of your most precious jewelry as possible. It’ll really come in handy when you need to barter for fuel and food after the collapse of civilisation.